Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Working at New Dream: the good(?) news and the bad news

Well, fall is here and I finally got in touch again with the IT guy at Center for a New American Dream about working for them.

The good news is that, since I last spoke with them, they got together the budget to create a new position on their technology staff.

The bad news is…they hired someone else for it. On top of that, this more or less wipes out any remaining budget they have for compensating contractors…like myself.

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! That hurts! I’d be lying if I said it didn’t.

That said, it’s still early in the game. I need some time to react and get my new game plan together, but I think I still have a Plan B, C, D, ... up my sleeve. Good thing I’m currently on hiatus from work life and its attendant stresses, and am living a relaxed and happy life at present. Otherwise, I do not think I would be handling this news so well, I’d be probably feeling a lot more rage and heartbreak. Who knows, maybe it will hit me later. But I do find that stress makes me more likely to blow situations out of proportion.

But for now, I will indulge myself just a little bit and jump up and down in anguish for a couple of hours this afternoon. This may also call for Ben and Jerry’s, or Haagen-Daaz. But I think by tomorrow I’ll be ready to move on and plan my next move.

No comments: