Job Opening - Customer Service & Outreach
World Centric has an immediate opening for a Customer Service & Outreach Associate. We are looking for someone who shares our values and is committed to environmental and social change and feels passionate about making a difference in the world.
The person will be the customer face of World Centric and have a strong customer focus together with a strong awareness of environmental and social issues. The person will handle incoming calls/emails and reach out to potential users of the biodegradable products and provide a broad environmental and social context in their interactions.
- Interact with customers answer incoming calls and email inquiries, determine requirements and fulfill requests in a enthusiastic, courteous, accurate and knowledgeable manner
- Reach out to potential users of biodegradable products, follow up on leads, send samples and other required information
- Interact with various city, county and waste agencies for determining existing and future efforts in place for collecting food waste and compostable products.
- Maintain and monitor customer call database and follow up as needed.
- Liaise regularly with existing customers about their ongoing needs.
- Take orders on phone/email/fax, monitor shopping cart orders and work closely with office manager to create invoices, calculate shipping options and send them to shipping dept. for fulfillment.
- Monitor fulfillment of orders via UPS, FedEx, USPS and other freight companies
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to use judgment and tact with customers
- Professional and at ease interacting with large customer accounts and stakeholders.
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written skills
- Familiarity with Quick Books, MS Office Word and Excel
Well organized and able to work independently
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible, enthusiastic and easy to get along with.
- Good computer skills and at ease with learning new software systems as required.
Compensation is $30,000-$36,000/yr, based on experience with 3 weeks of combined vacation/sick leave. We hope to be able to have a benefits package soon. The job currently requires a 40 hr per week time commitment. The position is currently in Palo Alto, but we are looking for new office space and job location may change in the near future.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com