Sunday, April 13, 2008

Getting Drupal experience as a Sierra Club web volunteer


This was in a recent newsletter of the Loma Prieta chapter of the Sierra Club (of which I am a member):
Web Support Needed

Help improve the chapter’s website and web services. Seeking a web developer familiar with Drupal related services including installation, configuration, design, module development, and customization.
It's a fortunate stroke of serendipity. I am looking to get some Drupal experience, and this is a great opportunity to do so while helping out a local environmental organization - and putting it on my resume as non-profit experience.

I had a chance to chat with the person coordinating their website effort, and we've identified some easy tasks for me to start with. I'm going to start working on it tomorrow.

No comments: