Saturday, April 12, 2008

Keep CA state parks open - public hearing on Tuesday 4/15 in San Jose


I just sent this message out to family and friends:
Dear friends and family,

If you share my concern about the state government's plans to close a number of state parks, I invite you to join me at a public hearing on the closures, to be held in San Jose next Tuesday. At this hearing, the State Park and Recreation Commission will be accepting spoken and written public comments. Details on the time and location of the hearing are given here:
http://coastsider.com/index.php/site/news/state_park_closure_hearing_in_san_jose_april_15/
I haven't seen confirmation of these details from an official source, so I recommend contacting the California Department of Parks and Recreation to confirm the date/location before attending: 800-777-0369, www.parks.ca.gov

Also, please spread the word to other interested folks who might be able to attend. Hope to see you there!

No comments: