Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Steps I've taken so far

The countdown is well underway - I've given notice to my employer, and my last day at the office will be Friday, March 16.

Things I've done so far to make progress toward my goals:
  • Bought a digital piano on Craigslist and picked it up yesterday. I even practiced some scales and read through some music!
  • Started this blog
Things I want to do soon:
  • Ask my choir conductor if he will accept me as a student for private voice lessons, or if he can refer me to other good voice teachers who are accepting new students
  • Make a list of my life goals over at 43 Things and link it here
  • Also, make a list of some shorter-term things I'd like to do during the coming year
  • ...and yet, not let the to-do lists get out of hand - I have a nasty habit of overcommitting myself and biting off more than I can chew!
  • Type up my planned music curriculum for self-study
  • Post on Freecycle to request some beginner/intermediate-level piano instruction books

No comments: