Thursday, March 8, 2007

Piano instruction books - got 'em (serendipitously)

I was going to post on Freecycle to see if I could score some free books for learning to play the piano. But while in downtown Mountain View last night, somehow I got sucked into BookBuyers, my favorite local used bookstore. They actually have a decent selection of basic piano method books. I picked out three books and was going to break down and buy them, when I realized that I might still have some store trade credit left. Turns out I did, so I didn't have to shell out any cash. So that worked out nicely.

Note to self: BookBuyers also had a few interesting texts on sight-singing, ear-training, and music theory. I'll try the library first, though.

I just fired off an email to my choir conductor Greg Wait to see if he's taking new students for private voice study, will see what he says.

No comments: